Recent planning and sustainability education
- Going Places With Spatial Analysis – Completed six-week ESRI online course on how to use ArcGIS online analysis features, June 2016.
- National Charrette Institute Certificate Training – Completed this three-day course at University of Miami School of Architecture in January 2016. Learned how to plan and manage a 4- to 7-day charrette for communities and development projects.
- Essential Workflows (for ArcGIS 10) – Completed this 24-hour ESRI course in Tysons Corner, Virginia, January 2015.
- Learning ArcGIS Desktop (for ArcGIS 10) – Completed this extensive 24-hour ESRI eight-module course in December 2013. Have acquired the ArcGIS software.
- LEED v4: Understanding the Operations+Maintenance LEED v4 Rating System – November 19, 2013, Philadelphia. A day-long credit-by-credit review of the new LEED Version 4 rating system for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance.
- Sustainable Zoning and Development Controls – February 28-March 1, 2013, Austin Texas. Sponsored by American Planning Association and Lincoln Institute of Land Policy.
- Communicating Science Effectively – three-day workshop, December 2012. Integration and Application Network, University of Maryland Environmental Science Center.
- LEED-ND 251: Understanding the LEED for Neighborhood Development Rating System – Greenbuild 2012, San Francisco.
- LEED-ND 252: Credit by Credit Review, online, December 2012
- LEED-ND 301: Implementing the LEED for Neighborhood Development Rating System – Greenbuild 2012, San Francisco
- Community Viz (Scenario 360 and Scenario 3-D) – Three-day training at Wesley College, Dover, May 2012
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior, Doug Mackenzie-Mohr – April 2012, College Park, Md.
- Presenting Data and Information, a one-day course by Edwin Tufte – September 2009, Arlington, Va.
Recent related conferences
- Southeast User Conference, ESRI – Attended regional GIS conference from May 2 to 4, 2016 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Sessions included ArcGIS Pro, Collector, Survey 123, story maps, web applications and Local Government applications.
- American Planning Association National Conference – April 2015, Seattle
- Greenbuild 2013 – US Green Building Council, November 2013, Philadelphia
- Greenbuild 2012 – US Green Building Council, November 2012, San Francisco
- American Planning Association National Conference – April 2011, Boston
- American Planning Association National Conference – April 2010, New Orleans
- American Planning Association National Conference – April 2009, Minneapolis. Proposed and moderated a panel discussion on “Super Green,” a homegrown green rating system for Delaware
- American Planning Association National Conference – April 2008, Las Vegas
- American Planning Association National Conference – April 2006, San Antonio
- Delaware College of Art and Design, Wilmington, Delaware. Earned certificates in web design and graphic design, 2012.